Last Updated: March 2021
For the purposes of this Policy, Personal Information is information that can be used to directly or indirectly to identify a living individual. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, sensitive categories of information, herein referred to as Sensitive Personal Information, such as information that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, health, sexual or gender orientation.
We note that if you are a TCS employee, contractor, supplier, customer or other partner, the use and protection of Personal Information may be subject to additional contractual obligations between us, including without limitation, additional TCS policies.
Personal vs. Non-personal Information
Personal Information may be collected from you as you use the Site. Personal Information generally is information that personally identifies you in some way(s). Examples include your name, address, birth date, email address, phone number, other data collected when purchasing our products or services, education, employment, credit card, or other credit information. Additional examples include information submitted through our call centers, by joining a mailing list, by participating in social media events, contests or surveys, and signing up for email alerts or distributions. If during your visit to the this website you submit Personal Information to us, you are choosing to provide us with your Personal Information and you agree that it will be used to provide the information, products or services that you request (including information on additional products and or services which TCS reasonably thinks may be of interest to you) and you consent to TCS’s use of your personal information to improve or market TCS’s products or services. TCS does not knowingly request or collect Personal Information from any person under the age of 13 and we ask that any individual who is under the age of 13 to refrain from using our Site or submitting any Personal Information.
Use, Disclosure and Protection of Personal Information
It is TCS’s intention to obtain Personal Information only by fair and lawful means, and to use the Personal Information to service your needs and requests. TCS will not process Personal Information in a manner incompatible with the purposes for which it was originally collected unless later authorized by the individual from whom the information was collection or unless allowed by law. We will not keep Personal Information longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was originally gathered.
When do collect and process Personal Information about individuals, we will disclose certain information to those particular individuals on a reasonable and timely basis upon written request of the individuals from whom the Personal Information was collected. The disclosed information will include what Personal Information is being collected, who is collecting it, how and for what purposes it is being collected, how it is being us and to whom it is being disclosed. We will allow individuals reasonable access to their Personal Information to verify, correct or delete their data, where inaccurate.
We may also use Personal Information to process an order made through the Site, including shipping and returns of such order, and for organizing and submitting customer satisfaction reviews. We may also use such Personal Information to support marketing for our products and services and to enhance the content and use of our Site.
In order for TCS to provide our products and services, we may need to share your Personal Information with other companies, agencies or contractors affiliated with TCS. We will always seek to ensure that it is kept secure and only used in accordance with your instructions and agreed purpose.
Further, we may use and disclose Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with laws, regulations, court orders, government agencies or investigations and similar legal instructions, to resolve disputes, and to protect TCS rights and property.
Additionally, we may also contract with other third-parties to provide services, such as shipping, payment processing, contact verification, market research, and organization of promotions, or other subcontractors; however, we will provide these contractual parties only with the Personal Information necessary to perform the work for which they were contracted.
TCS and its third-party providers may use cloud-based tools, and in such event, data might be processed in countries outside the United States. In such cases, TCS and any such provider will agree to the necessary terms as required by law to protect Personal Information.
TCS will process Personal Information only with consent and when such processing is permitted by applicable law. If TCS needs to process Sensitive Personal Data, which is very rare, TCS will obtain explicit consent for such processing, unless such processing is permitted by applicable law.
TCS will not sell Personal Information to any third party and we will take commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of such information, in accordance with our contractual obligations as well as in compliance with those laws applicable in the states and countries in which we conduct business (and you should be aware that laws in all jurisdictions are not the same, and that some may have stricter requirements than others). Further, to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, TCS maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, and requires those to whom we disclose Personal Information to do the same. We are committed to making sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date but it is your responsibility to let us know if your Personal Information is inaccurate or out of date and we can only make changes to your personal information if you notify us.
TCS will retain your Personal Information only for so long as it is helpful to support the overall purpose for which we collected the information.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
Your Personal Information may be used to provide you with information regarding additional opportunities and information about TCS products and services; and accordingly, by using the Site and providing such Personal Information, you consent to such use. However, to the extent required by law, we will provide mechanisms for opting out of mass marketing communications targeted by Personal Information we have collected or otherwise obtain consent in the manner required by applicable law. These mechanisms will normally be available on the relevant email or web site, but you may always notify us at the address specified below under “Contact Us”. Requests to opt out of communications based on data controlled by third parties must be made through the third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, there may be some jurisdictions requiring stricter opt-in versus opt-out mechanisms relating to these types of communications and we will comply with the applicable laws in such locations.
External Links; Public Social Media
Other TCS Sites
TCS may amend this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on this Site, without providing prior notice to you. Any such amendment will be effective at the time it is posted unless a delayed effective date is expressly stated in the revised version. Your continued use of this Site after such changes have been posted will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“customers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular customer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from customers within the last twelve (12) months:
A. Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a customer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
B. Identifiers exclusive to customers' submission of forms or sign-ups located throughout the site. These identifiers are limited to name, company name, state, email address, and phone number.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated customer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- From documents that customers provide to us related to the products and services for which they engage us.
- Through information we collect from customers in the course of providing products and services to them.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website. For example, from submissions through our website or website usage details collected automatically.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information in order for us to prepare a tax return, we will use that information to prepare the return and submit it to the applicable taxing authorities.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations, and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our website and present its contents to you.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers, or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
A. Internet or other similar network activity.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, Deletion, and Opt-out Rights
To exercise the access, portability, deletion, or opt-out rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling: 417.409.6900
- Online: https://www.tlgtrucks.com/contact-a-peterbilt-store/
- Emailing: email@example.com
- Mailing: 4350 S National Avenue , Suite B110, Springfield, MO 65810
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person or an authorized representative of the person we collected personal information on.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us.